WOW! It’s HOT and we are feeling the heat! With temperatures rising, it is extremely important to be aware of the necessary steps to protect yourselves from excessive heat.
According to OSHA, to prevent heat related illness and fatalities:
▪ Drink water every 15 minutes, even if you are not thirsty.
▪ Rest in the shade to cool down.
▪ Wear a hat and light-colored clothing.
▪ Learn the signs of heat illness and what to do in an emergency.
▪ Keep an eye on fellow workers.
▪ “Easy does it” on your first days of work in the heat. You need to get used to it.
Working in full sunlight can increase heat index values by 15 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep this in mind and plan additional precautions for working in these conditions.
Knowledge is power and we want to keep you safe!